Vermilion Community College is seeking to fill a full-time General Maintenance Worker position provide general maintenance activities under general supervision for all state-owned structures and land and state-maintained structures and grounds.
Duties performed according to regularly assigned schedules with priority given to specific areas/locations.Activities may include both light and heavy maintenance, routine equipment and mechanical repairs, routine cleaning and house-keeping, grounds keeping, special maintenance and repair activities, special events and other related work as required to maintain a pleasant, healthful, aesthetic and secure environment for all staff and clientele.
Work shift during the academic year is 2:00-10:30 PM, Monday – Friday and every third Saturday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Summer schedule is Monday – Friday day shift with the option of four 10-hour days.
- Different types of flooring/floor covering sufficient to determine proper methods of maintenance and appropriate cleaning methods, materials, agents and equipment.
- Chemical cleaning agents such as ammonia, bleaches, scouring agents and soaps sufficient to appropriately select the agent(s), handle and apply, and dispose of safely.
- Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance sufficient to use effectively and operate safely and to make minor repairs.
- Follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Perform assigned tasks with limited work direction.
- Keep simple records.
Physical health and endurance sufficient to perform work functions.
- Ability to perform work functions using ladders and scaffolding, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs regularly and 50-100 lbs on occasion (with assistance as available).
- Capable of frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to use hand tools
- Good human relations’ skills, work habits and self-motivation.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Boiler's license
- External candidates must apply online using Minnesota Careers online application:https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/ Search keywords Job ID: 44882
- Current employees must apply through Self Service: Click on Careers, search Job ID: 44882
- Please attach cover letter and current resume to your application.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2021
Vermilion Community College in Ely, MN is seeking applicants interested in coaching for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Varsity Women’s Volleyball
- Varsity Women’s Basketball
- Varsity Women’s Softball
Each position is renewable into future years. The successful candidate must have the ability to Coach Varsity Women’s sports at the collegiate level. Vermilion is a member of the NJCAA and abides by all NJCAA regulations.
- Recruiting and organizational responsibilities
- Monitoring the academic progress of athletes
- Team preparation through scheduled practices
- Coaching throughout the season
- A minimum of a two-year degree.
- Experience and interest in coaching.
- A four-year degree; Master’s Degree in a physical education or coaching related field.
Salary based upon education and related experience.
- Send a letter of interest, current resume, (copy of college transcripts required at time of hire).
- Please specify which sport(s) interests you in your application.
Application review begins February 8, 2021.
(AA/EO, Veteran Friendly)
Vermilion Community College
1900 E. Camp St.
Ely, MN 55731